Tea Tribes Welfare Department deals with the following subjects:
- To accelerate the socio-economic development of the Tea Tribes of Assam.
- To enhance the gainful employability of the Tea Tribe Manpower.
- To gear up the activities for spreading out/institutionalization of education at a level viz. primary/secondary and Higher etc.
- To coordinate with other developmental departments for providing basic amenities like Health and Hygiene, Sanitation, Safe Drinking Water, Electricity etc.
- To monitor and access all development works undertaken by various departments in areas inhabited by Tea Tribes or Ex-Tea Tribes etc.
- To create awareness among womenfolk for creating women self help groups in coordination with various R & D Organisations including voluntary organizations.
- To monitor and co-ordinate with the management of the Tea Gardens etc. for providing eco-friendly working environment.
- To develop appropriate network between government departments and other various organizations with a view to enabling the speedy disposal of matters relating to Tea Garden Tribes.